DCOS Economic Improvement Initiative
Application closes 09/29/2023
The Development Corporation of Snyder (DCOS) Economic Improvement Initiative was established in 2023 and designed to assist business owners in enhancing and improving the facade of their property. The program provides business owners the opportunity to apply for a 75% reimbursement, up to $25,000 to help offset the overall costs of exterior building improvements to eligible projects. The City of Snyder (City) has agreed to waive permit fees and other similar fees for businesses selected for the Economic Improvement Initiative.
The Economic Improvement Initiative helps DCOS fortify relationships with Snyder business owners and establish long-lasting partnerships with those seeking to improve the community.
DCOS’s mission is to protect and expand the diverse regional economy through proactive engagement in business expansion and retention, entrepreneurial development, business recruitment, and community-oriented marketing. DCOS focuses on strengthening the local business community and establishing new businesses from the pool of local residents. The Economic Improvement Initiative Agreement is administered by DCOS and approved by the City to enhance the appearance of Snyder through design improvements and beautification.
Initiative Approval Process
Step One: Be sure you meet program requirements
- Check on the map to see if your property is located within the city limits. The property must be used for business purposes and zoned commercial.
- The property is up-to-date on all property taxes and is in good standing with the City of Snyder.
- This is a reimbursement program. You must complete and pay for the Initiative in full before the DCOS will issue a reimbursement check. All program requirements must be met before reimbursement is issued.
Please refer to the eligibility criteria on the Agreement for full disclosure.
Step Two: Contact the DCOS team with any questions you have
- Possible project discussion can occur over the phone, email, virtually, or in-person. The DCOS team can be reached at (325) 573-1544 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Three: Submit a completed Economic Improvement Initiative Agreement
A completed application includes:
- Filled-out Agreement
- Photo(s) of current façade/areas to be improved
- Rendering and/or plan drawings showing proposed improvement
- Contractor bids (minimum two, if applicable)
- Proof of insurance on the building to be improved
Step Four: Application review and grant selection
All applications must be submitted no later than 4:00 pm on September 29, 2023. Please submit in person or email to: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are non-profit businesses eligible?
- Not at this time.
- Does my project have to be $25,000?
- No, we will reimburse any amount up to $25,000. Ex: for a $100 project, we would reimburse $75.
- Do I have to use the paint palette provided?
- Yes, we are following the City of Snyder's Comprehensive Plan.